Bluewater’s Wintergarden reopens after multi-million pound revamp
A total of six of the 11 brands have chosen Bluewater for their first outlet outside of London.
• Giraffe, 3,659 sq ft on two floors in a specially-created restaurant overlooking The Wintergarden lake and children’s play area
• Wasabi, 1,238 sq ft – the brand’s first outside London
• McDonalds, 1,184 sq ft
• Tortilla, 839 sq ft – the brand’s first outside London
• Square Pie, 839 sq ft – the brand’s first outside London
• Indi-Go, 678 sq ft – its first outside London
• KFC, 635 sq ft
• Harry Ramsden’s, 592 sq ft
• Lola’s Cupcakes, 506 sq ft – the brand’s first outside London
• Tossed, 506 sq ft – the brand’s first outside London
• Ed’s Milkshakes and Hotdogs
They join existing operators, Nando’s, Pizza Hut and Ponti’s.
The focus of The Wintergarden is social dining, where people can meet and eat. The range of brands has been carefully selected to provide guests with the greatest level of choice and variety from leading operators. There has also been a deliberate focus on bringing new brands to Bluewater.
Commenting on the re-opening of The Wintergarden, Russell Loveland, senior asset manager at Lend Lease, said: “Shopping is a leisure pursuit, which makes it a social one. The ability to spend time with friends and family, without compromising on location or choice of food, is therefore vital. The redevelopment of the Wintergarden reflects this growing trend by delivering social dining on a scale never before seen in the UK, led by a fantastic line-up of brands. It is a very exciting concept, and one that readily integrates with social media and in-mall technology.”
Russel Joffe, co-founder of Giraffe, added: “Lend Lease’s commitment to evolving and innovating at Bluewater has delivered something quite unique in The Wintergarden’s social dining concept. It is the perfect location for Giraffe, whose philosophy is about people enjoying one another’s company over a great meal in a relaxing environment.”
The redevelopment increases The Wintergarden’s covers by 50% to a total of over 1,000.